Telephone: +44 (0)1269 871 944
Mobile: +44 (0)7794 043 282
Schedule Appointment: Book
Take the next step in your career
As a manager or EMS leader, you are already familiar with how to motivate, inspire and lead others. If you are now ready to take the next steps to become a sustainability leader or better still, are being given the opportunity to progress your career, it’s a chance not to be missed. So why is the progression from manager to sustainability leader one of the best moves you could make?
Advantages of being a Sustainability Leader
Influence the culture of your organisation
Meaningful change doesn’t always have to come from the top. As a sustainability leader, your team will look to you for ideas, innovation and more importantly if you’ve already proved yourself as a good manager, they will listen and follow you.
Company culture is mostly defined as a company’s beliefs and attitudes, so if you are going to influence this culture you need to:
- Take ownership of your new role with confidence
- Be transparent and prepared to listen to others
- Measure the effectiveness of your actions
- Be patient
Make lasting changes
Sustainability is about protecting future generations as well as our immediate environment. As an EMS manager, one of your skill sets will have been to see the bigger picture before breaking it down to smaller functions, which were achieved by individuals or teams.
As a sustainability leader, you will need to continue to:
- Expand involvement and create a team of advocates
- Explore options and present more than one case for change
- Communicate your vision
- Focus on the long term but always celebrate the short term wins
While there are many advantages to becoming a sustainability leader, these careers don’t always come with the best in-house training. Despite the speed at which sustainability is gathering momentum in the corporate world, it’s a role that isn’t always easily prepared for.
YouTree provides bespoke remote training that is supported by one to one coaching to create a blend between learning and support; our training will help you progress your career or make the most of any opportunity on the horizon.
Using a variety of learning styles, you will be guided through sustainability basics and develop practical ways to implement a sustainability plan whilst learning about yourself and your ability to communicate effectively with senior decision makers.
What you’ll take away:
- Understanding of corporate sustainability and the hidden agenda behind ISO4001
- Personal insight into how you perceive the world around you and make strategic decisions.
- Understanding of key internal and external stakeholders
- Insight into the context and flexibility required to create a sustainable organisation.
- Practical ways to align your actions with organisational purpose.
- Practical guidance on upgrading EMS systems to deliver added corporate value.
- Gap analysis between what you have in place and what needs to happen.
- A goal-focused sustainability plan and the tools to start implementation
- Understanding how emotional intelligence can enable your effective communication with senior decision makers.
For more about my professional and personal coaching packages, feel free to get in touch today and book your no obligation, 15-minute coffee and connect session!
This article was written by: YouTree